September 11th, 2020

 

Things to note:

- Homework: please gather and bring in nature materials for art (leaves, petals, small rocks, berries, etc) 


Ask Me About
- What I made in Exploration
- Dissecting Sunflowers 
- What my homework is this weekend (collecting plant parts)
- Yoga moves I learned in Music 


Student Reflections

"When me and my partner cut the sunflower, it was fascinating because the flower was mouldy and my partner and me cut the mouldy part out. Then we cut the pieces into smitherines and it was interesting." -RM

"I really enjoyed talking to my partner about should we open the white part of the sunflower or should we not. We did! It was so cool! We saw the inside and that's where the sunflower stores all of its water." -OL 

"We caught up on our paintings and mask pictures. For pickle, we pick what we wanted to do. I drew!" -KF 

"For Science, we did our dissecting of our flowers. Me and my partner, the first thing we looked at was the stem. It was all wet and sticky. When we went to the top of the flower when it was cut in half, we saw a little white thing in the middle. We tried to push on it and it went down into the middle. We checked the outsides of the flower and it was all full of sap and stuff. It kind of felt like sap, but I forget its name." -JNS 

Pictures 


















Popular Posts